Monday, February 11, 2008

What Will You Do With Your Stimulus Check?

Now that it is looking more and more likely that Pres. Bush's economic stimulus package will in fact be made a reality as early as next month -- raining down checks of $300 to $1,200 per household.. What do you plan on doing with your check? I plan on investing the money (I suppose that shouldn't come as a surprise since I blog about being cheap). Sorry to those of you expecting me to do my part to get this economy back on track - hopefully other people carry my weight for me.

I'm curious to hear from other people what they plan to do with their refund. Of course, if this plan is going ot work people need to spend the money and the sooner the better. It has been reported that it takes at least six months for the spending to stimulate the economy.

Economists are notoriously poor at predicting and modeling what will happen with the economy, so what is your guess? After all, you have a better chance of being right than the weather man.


Read more about the plan @ NYT

Image: dcjohn @ Flickr