Thursday, February 22, 2007

What This Blog is All About

I thought I should take a minute and explain why I started this blog and what it covers. First off for those of you wondering a "golden parachute" is a very lucrative severance package that CEO's of many large corporations receive when they are fired. While that is a great gig if you can get it, most of us common folk have to start at the bottom. I decided to start this blog to highlight some of the everyday things I find, think are useful or otherwise think are interesting.

How am I qualified to contribute on these topics? First off I'm in grad school so most of the topics hit home (student loans, savings, credit cards) and ... well I'm cheap frugal. Honestly though I have a background in business and am studying law now (don't hold it against me, and I can't provide legal advice free or otherwise).