Monday, April 23, 2007

Get $$ For Your Unwanted, Broken or Old Cell Phone

I wish I would have stumbled across this a little sooner since I just got rid of my phone for free, but TerraPass has partnered with RipMobile to give people gift certificates for their unwanted, broken, or just plain old cell phone. You just click the make and model and print the shipping label. When RipMobile receives the phone they send you a gift card. Pretty easy. The phone doesn't have to be working as far as I know because the service breaks them down and recycles the parts. Might be something to check out if you have a couple in your drawer collecting dust anyways. My Sony Ericcson w600i will net me $45 - which is pretty good for a piece of tech garbage. I found a mention of the company in WiredMagazine as a best product of '06 so I'd guess it is on steady financial footing. RipMobile also recycles TV's, computers and other tech gear for cash too.

Link
RipMobile