Monday, April 9, 2007

The New Hot eBay Items

One type of company that I rank right up there with Pay Day Loans as far as over promising services to people who don't know much better are the Sell it on eBay variety. There are also countless books, e-books, CD's, etc claiming they can teach you the secrets about how to make a killing on eBay.

Although I am a frequent eBay user, I typically buy things there because they are cheap. To get to the cheap good stuff I have to wade through about 10 pages of knock offs, overpriced buy it now items and overall crap. I rarely sell things there unless I have low expectations about what I will receive. Aside from the aforementioned shortcomings, it is a great resource to find stuff that is hard to find or unique. Many people do make a sizable income there (generally by selling in volume).

Apparently the new hot (and large markup) items on eBay lately have been iPods, plasma TV's, Wii's semi-designer clothing. I was floored recently when I read in the Wall Street Journal that a lot of limited edition short run Target and H&M clothing has been selling at double, triple and 5x retail. I'm no fashionista and this is obviously not something everyone should try, but if you have an eye for fashion and are into eBay could be something to play around with.

Link
Gold in Your Closet WSJ